Jack LaLanne fervently believed every human being can attain maximum body health and fitness if they will practice moderation, eat the most natural foods, and exercise on a regular basis. Over the years on national television, radio talk shows and in feature stories written about Jack, certain ideas stated by Jack have become little gems known as “LaLanneisms”
Here are a few of Jack’s words of wisdom:
- Anything in life is possible if you make it happen.
- Anything in life is possible and you can make it happen.
- Your waistline is your lifeline.
- Exercise is King, nutrition is Queen, put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.
- Don’t exceed the feed limit.
- The food you eat today is walking and talking tomorrow.
- Ten seconds on the lips and a lifetime on the hips.
- Better to wear out than rust out
- Do – don’t stew.
- People don’t die of old age, they die of inactivity.
- First we inspire them, then we perspire them.
- You eat everyday, you sleep everyday, and your body was made to exercise everyday.
- Work at living and you don’t have to die tomorrow.
- I can’t die, it would ruin my image.
- If man makes it, don’t eat it.
- If it tastes good, spit it out.
- What’s it doing for me?
- Your health account is like your bank account: The more you put in, the more you can take out.
- If one apple is good, you wouldn’t eat 100.
- It’s not what you do some of the time that counts, it’s what you do all of the time that counts.
- Make haste slowly.
- Eat right and you can’t go wrong.